Re: [TowerTalk] MA550 tubular tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com, lopeznoel@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MA550 tubular tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:53:35 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/2007 7:08:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Does anyone have any experience in disassembling an MA550  tubular tower
by US Towers?  There is a used tower for sale with a full  size beam on top.
However, It is a long distance from my home and I will  not have access to
large equipment unless I rent it.  Someone else's  experience would be very
helpful....

    I guess I'm wondering why you feel the need to  disassemble it? For
transport? "Ease" of disassembly?

    You can slide the sections out once it's  horizontal but once it is
horizontal, you can use different techniques to move  it; e.g. rent a small
trackhoe (Kubota, DitchWitch, etc.), hire a bunch of  guys to carry out to the
street
for a couple. Access is usually the limiting  factor in what options you have
available.

    If it's the motorized version, I wouldn't take it  apart at all. Umm,
also if it's the non-motorized version, I wouldn't take it  apart either.

    If you can't get it horizontal, that's another  challenge. Then you'll
need a crane to extract it.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH