Re: [TowerTalk] Redi-mix

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Redi-mix
From: john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:52:24 -0400
I used ~ 35 80 lb sacks in my guyed 40' tower (which is supporting a A4S w/40M
add-on, and a
Hazer).   I mixed it in a small 2 bag mixer, and had no difficulty keeping the
pour constant
from one set of bags to the next. You need to keep moving though!

Without question, it was hard work, but I ended up with a very strong base,
which is
undoubtedly overkill for a guyed tower, but did follow Rohns recommendation (2'
diameter round
hole, 4' deep as I recall...mine ended up being 5' deep)

Guyed it at 40' with 1/4" EHS as Rohn specifies, absolutely no problem .... a
very very stable
base

John K5MO