[TowerTalk] New Yaesu G-1000DXA Rotator Cable Connection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Yaesu G-1000DXA Rotator Cable Connection
From: "Glenn Edson" <k1ge@edson.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:05:51 -0400
We have run into real difficulty trying to solder the Yaesu connector plug
to our cable...this type of solder requirement is beyond our capability. One
almost needs to be a jeweler to get
these connections on the plug without any shorts between the pins. Combine
this with someone who does not have perfect eyesight, and you have the
recipe for failure! Has anyone any suggestions on how we might overcome this
problem? This rotator is a replacement for our old Create rotator that had a
plug connection that looked more like a rugged military plug. Is there
someway to obtain a Yaesu plug alrady wired such that we could connect with
larger more manageable connections? For us, the new rotator is totally
useless.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated at this point.

Glenn Edson   K1GE