Re: [TowerTalk] What is a good price for 3" or 4" irrigation pipe?

To: "Chuck" <wcmoore@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,"JACK KZ4USA" <videorov@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What is a good price for 3" or 4" irrigation pipe?
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:37:09 -0400
Ive seen it at farms that have either sold to developers or have planted
different crops. Drive around rural areas and watch for farms that are
irrigating; you usually cant miss the spray towers/heads. There is a big
irrigation company in this area, Larchmont Engineering, who has facilities
in ME, MA & NH, they often have used pipe and short pieces that you can cut,
split and use as boom stiffeners for element plate clamps.

Another source is in the yuppie areas. They use 3 and 4" tubing to roll up
their pool covers on. Every few years they buy a new complete assembly.
Typical 10 and 12' lengths; splice with aluminum electrical conduit. I pull
several sections out of the local transfer station metal pile every season.

Carl
KM1H