Re: [TowerTalk] HBX 56

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HBX 56
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 05:21:33 -0500
Haven't seen anyone state the obvious yet - if the straight section is built
to the same dimensions and out of the same materials as the tapered sections
(I remember seeing them in the old catalog too) the loading of the tower
would be correspondingly de-rated - i.e. you would not be able to put the
same amount of stuff at the top of the 56 foot tower extended with a
straight section as you would at the top of the non-extended factory HDBX48.
Don't do anything foolish!

I would not know where to begin to answer the question "de-rated by how
much?"

Mark, N5OT