Re: [TowerTalk] 10M Beam Question

To: "GALE STEWARD" <k3nd@yahoo.com>,"towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10M Beam Question
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:22:37 -0400
The PV4 is on a 20' boom and if tuned for around 28.5 will have a 2:1 VSWR
BW of 28.0 to 28.8. Ive used in contests up to 29.7 and as long as the amp
loaded I didnt care. I use an all metal T match on all PV's.

With a stack at 25/50/75/100' and extensive switching combination testing I
found that the 100' was very useful on extreme long haul long paths as well
as extended "groundwave". From NH I could regularly cause evening pileups
with stations from NY down to PA, MD. Many were running converted CB rigs
and one was even using a mag mount on his refrigerator! The top one or pair
also seemed to open a dead band into VK/ZL during low sunspots.

At the peak of the cycle the one at 25' was often the best into JA but never
into EU which usually got the middle pair.

I believe it was the April 1982 YCCC Scuttlebut that had curves and
dimensions.

Carl
KM1H