Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna feed methods?

To: TOWERTALK@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna feed methods?
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
Steve,

You'll obtain better performance from dipoles or inverted vee's rather than
from a vertical on 40 and 20.  Two dipoles or inverted vees attached to a
common feed will work well, especially if they're deployed at right angles to
each other.  A better solution is two dipoles or inverted vees with separate
feedlines.

This solution will beat the pants off of a vertical on 40 and 20,
especially if you're not going to deploy an extensive ground system.

Good luck!

73
Frank
W3LPL