[TowerTalk] Tower Lighting

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Lighting
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 20:18:44 +0000
Has anyone heard anything about the FAA easing up on tower lighting requirements recently?

I have noticed within the past month or so, the red lights on nearby structures have gone dark at night. There are two communications towers and a water tank all within a couple of miles of here, that always had nighttime lighting, but lately I notice the lights have not been activated.

My tower is 22' short of the height the FAA told me I would be required to light it, when I built it back in 1981.

Don

k4kyv

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!? http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2