Re: [TowerTalk] Wind area for Rohn tower sections

To: w7ce@curtiss.net, rusty_atkins@yahoo.com,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wind area for Rohn tower sections
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:37:38 EDT

Clay, if you can find an old (maybe 20 years ago) Rohn catalog, they listed
the section wind loads in pounds per lineal foot, based on 70mph wind. You can
 convert those numbers into equivalent sq ft by dividing the per lineal foot
number by 20.

For example, if 25G has a wind load of 7 pounds per lineal foot, then a  10ft
section is 70 pounds and the equivalent area is 70/20 or 3.5 sq ft.

I no longer have an old Rohn catalog but surely someone does and can give
you the numbers.

73,
Gerald ,K5GW
Texas Towers

In a message dated 7/12/2007 11:14:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
w7ce@curtiss.net writes:

I'm not  looking for the antenna wind area that the tower can support.  I'm
looking for the maximum wind area of the 25G thorugh 65G tower sections
themselves.