Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod prices

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod prices
From: R Atkins <rusty_atkins@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:39:11 -0700 (PDT)
FWIW: I've been to Lowes, Home Depot, Graybar, Grainger, and a couple of local
shops here in NC. They were all between $13 and $14 for a 5/8" x 8' copper
ground rod. Go where it's convenient.

If you are setting up a serious ground field like I am (9 ground rods around
tower - 3 at 8 feet from base, 3 at 24 feet from base, 3 at the guy wires, plus
1 at the entrance to the shack) and are connecting them properly (each leg has
strap/braid going out to the 8 ft, 24ft, and guy wire ground rod, each set has
a loop connecting them, outer loop connected to service entrance rod, outer
loop connected to rod at shack entrance rod, shack entrance rod connected to
service entrance rod)...

You are talking about a LOT of strap/braid.. somewhere in the neighborhood of
500 feet of 6-8" strap is what I'm thinking. This is worth shopping around for.
I haven't had a chance to do so yet. If you do, please let me know what you
find.

Good luck!
Rusty

Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/