Re: [TowerTalk] New tower

To: <w7ce@curtiss.net>, "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New tower
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:17:01 -0500
<snip>
 "   For construction purposes, burying the base in  concrete is much easier
> and faster IMO.

Wouldn't this violate the LXC Prime Directive for Rohn 25G through 65G
towers?  As far as I can tell, the latest Rohn catalog specifies pier pin
bases only for guyed towers.  I suppose you might find an engineer who would
sign off on a conrete buried base."

<end snip>

I just looked on line and I see no reference to that. On 45G they show and talk
about the gravel in the bottom of the hole, tower legs placed on the gravel so
they drain, etc etc. But then, maybe I'm looking at the wrong page......... OR
maybe pier pin for really tall towers. My 40', 45G, is "in the ground". Now if
I was lucky/brave enough for 80' or more, I would probably go pier pin. As
always, YMMV.

73
K9WN  Jake