[TowerTalk] Interaction Question

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interaction Question
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:11:12 -0500

I've finally moved into my new QTH and now that the temperatures and
relative humidities are both well in excess of 90 -- and the mosquitoes are
hungry -- I am starting to spend more time thinking about the tower project.

Basically the supports I am limited to are 100ft of 55G and a 55ft US Tower
crankup. I then work somewhat backwards to see what antennas might "fit" on
these structures. Since one of my scenarios calls for several monobanders, a
concern is interaction and spacing between the individual antennas. I
haven't had to worry about this too much in previous installations, but know
it can be a problem.

The monobander scenario looks like this:

- M2 or Force 12 monobanders for 10, 15 and 20 meters
- Force 12 WARC-7 for 12, 17 and 30 meters
- Cushcraft XM240 for 40 meters
- Small yagis for 6 and 2

I was thinking about putting the following on the top of the 55G "Christmas
tree style" on a CrMo mast that would stick out 15 ft above the top of the
tower: 40m, 20m and 10m.

I would then put the WARC-7 (12/17/30m) and the 15m yagi on the crankup
below the 6m and 2m antennas, also in a "Christmas tree" fashion.

I'd also like to shunt feed the tower for 160m at some point.

>From a cost standpoint I'm steering away from rotating towers and/or ring
rotator type arrangements.

>From an interaction standpoint, am I looking at problems?  How would you do
it differently?