Re: [TowerTalk] tape problem

To: <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,"towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tape problem
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:52:10 -0500
> My Super 33+ is UL rated to +80C. The Canadian CSA rating is -18C to
> +105C.
> I dont know about other varieties such as regular 33 or 88.

"Up on the tower here in central Michigan (Midland) the temperature will vary
from -20F to near 180F (wayyy to hot to handle without gloves) but that high
temp is still with in limits. OTOH our low tems are outside the range. I
know from experience 33 and 88 do not stick well when the temp is near 0F.
Than again, I haven't found any tape that sticks well at 0F or below. If
they were applied when it was warmer they stick fine, but it was a lost
cause trying to apply the stuff at those temperatures. OTOH I don't work
very well either any where near those extremes.

Roger (K8RI)"

When I'm forced to work on antennas in the dead of winter (they always seem to
work better when constructed/tweeked then) I always carry the roll of tape in
an inside pocket of the jacket or in a shirt pocket. It stays warmer that way
and I don't seem to have a problem with it sticking. YMMV........

73 K9WN  Jake