Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: 4 x Square Question

To: "'EC1CT Fernando'" <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>,"'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: 4 x Square Question
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:16:48 -0000
Fernando,
Your approach to bleeding off static sounds good...could you sketch a
diagram or describe in more detail what you are doing with respect to which
end is shorted and how the coaxial cable is connected to the feedpoint?

>From your description, I understand that the feedpoint end has one conductor
of the coaxial cable on each side of the feedpoint and the far end is
shorted and grounded.
Is that correct?  Also how critical is the length of the coax used for the
stub for 80/75 meters?
Thanks and 73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964