[TowerTalk] 160 M Inverted L Questions....???

To: Tower Talk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 M Inverted L Questions....???
From: "R. David Eagle" <kb8nnu@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 08:41:15 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy all...

    I am interested in putting up an Inverted L for 160 and not sure which
version would be best.  I see in the antenna handbook they have one with the
radials that uses a simple impedance match with a single cap and some that have
elevated radials (elevated? oh no!).  To maintain my young age and stress
level, I will stay away from the elevated radials debate. Hi Hi!  BUT...what I
would really like to know is how critical the vertical component is in this
antenna....??  Is there a huge difference in efficiency between 40 and 60 feet?

Thanks,

Dave
KB8NNU

Need a vacation? Get great deals