Re: [TowerTalk] AL-80B amplifier transformer tap

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AL-80B amplifier transformer tap
From: "James M. Daly" <punk_itup@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:09:34 -0700 (PDT)
Brian,
Thanks for your reply.

The short answer to your question is, no. The
arrangement I described is perfectly within NEC 2005
requirements, as well as the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts addendum.

The long answer is, what you are describing is a
120/240VAC circuit, where the voltage across the the
hots (black and red) would be 240VAC, but further the
voltage across either of the hots (black or red)to
neutral (white)would be 120VAC. This is not the type
of circuit required for the AL-80B and the devices I
detailed as NEMA 6-20R & 6-15P would not be
mechanically suitable to this 120/240VAC circuit.

Peace
James - AD1L