Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline Coil or Loop??

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline Coil or Loop??
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:52:39 -0400
From: <K7LXC@aol.com>
To: <wa5zup@msn.com>; <towertalk@contesting.com>; <k3bz@arrl.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:55 AM

> In a message dated 7/23/2007 1:17:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> wa5zup@msn.com writes:
>

>>  How about three RG8 size cables?  Would that cause any
>> coiling/uncoiling
> problems?
>

>        Probably not but they'll  want to get tangled up. This probably
> won't
> be a problem; be sure to rotate the  antennas 360 degrees or how ever many
> degrees it turns to check before  you start nailing everything down.

Set the rotator and antennas to the mid rotation point.Tape the cables to
the mast and create a sweeping curve out.
Route the cables neatly in a two turn coil.   Install retainers (I use 6"
long bolts in the top plate corners) too keep the coax from slipping off the
top plate. There is little enough movement to the cables they can even be
taped together. (leave each turn seperate though<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)