[TowerTalk] Telrex Triband -

To: jamenbafre56@yahoo.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex Triband -
From: NPAlex@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:34:28 EDT
Jim,

The antenna is definitely a Telrex TB4-EC/1KWP  4 element Tri-Band, 30lbs of
"Educated Aluminum".  If you have a FAX number I can send you a copy of the
catalog sheet for that model. however there are only 2 elements working on each
band.

Noting you photograph, it appears that you have the Reflector order
incorrect. They do progressively get shorter from the outside 20m Reflector to
the
shortest element the 10m reflector.  The 20m reflector also used a "hairpin"
device to resonant it.  This means the the element length will be short so it
will
resonate with the hairpin.  A balun is used to feed the driven element.

Regards,
Norm W4QN
=======================================
Hi, I am new to Towertalk.

I have been given an antenna that I need some help with identifying.

I would like to get it to work but do not know what is or what parts I need
to replace.  This is the web site for the photos of the antenna are.  The
antenna is on the ground, has four elements and four traps.  The beam is 9' 5"
long, the element with the balun (Black box) is 28' 2", 2nd element from that
is
24' 5", 3rd element is 18' 5", and 4th element (parts missing) is approximately
33' 6" long.

Looks like it is a 10, 15, 20 meter system with the parasitic elements acting
as reflectors since these are about 5% longer than the calculated length
required for the three bands.

This is the site that I have the photos loaded on.
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/jamenbafre/

Thank you for your help,

Jim
KC0QIE