Re: [TowerTalk] m2 6M7 SWR change with rain

To: Hector@xe2k.net, Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] m2 6M7 SWR change with rain
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:41:12 -0700
That's actually not much of a change.  Probably due to water droplets
forming at the tips of the elements.  50.125 to 49.900 is only less than 1/2
of 1% change in resonance, not bad.

I'd just tune the antenna for 50.200, so when it "drifts down" in frequency,
it's still resonant within the band.

I have the same antenna and the SWR is very good across at least 300 kHz,
from 50.0 to 50.3  -- which is all I need.  "Perfect 1:1" doesn't make it
work better...

-WB2WIK/6