Re: [TowerTalk] Base bolt depth in existing concrete

To: "'Chris Wendling'" <cpwendling@yahoo.com>, <wb4slm@cox.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Base bolt depth in existing concrete
From: "Hank Lonberg" <kr7x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:52:46 -0700
Chris and others-

Google "Hilti" or "Powers Fasteners" you will find all the
information you need on epoxy adhesive bolts or anchors.

Epoxy bolts are the worst thing you can use in a situation
where there is vibration, cyclical or pure tension loading.
All Epoxy's creep over time with load and will quickly fail.
For these types of situations where you need to use post
installed anchors you need to use mechanical undercut styles
not epoxy. The above sites will discuss this in detail.

For a guyed tower base where the base is in compression and
shear, post-installed epoxy adhesive anchor rods are
perfectly fine.

YMMV
Regards
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.