Re: [TowerTalk] Philly HPTG 2100 (450 ft)

To: TexasRF@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Philly HPTG 2100 (450 ft)
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:31:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, August 3, 2007 1:09 pm, TexasRF@aol.com said:

> John, I would not even think about guying a tower with 1200 pound guy
> material. In my opinion the material you have is exactly what is
> needed for that
> job.

I apologize for starting this thread while I'm at work - I'll get back
with you guys this evening and tomorrow!

I have a 70-ft aluminum Glen Martin tower with a C31XR on top.  It's
been up since 1999 without incident until 2 guys broke due to my
taping the ends (!).  Although the 1200 is light-weight, it's as good
as the original equipment and the whole thing could outlast me.  Any
ideas on attaching the heavier material to the tower?  The thimble
won't fit the original brackets.

John, WA9ALS