Re: [TowerTalk] Question for Hazer owners

To: "Randall Mullinax" <rcm@icnet.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question for Hazer owners
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:52:25 -0500
When I considered building my own, I thought of Skate Board Wheels. They are
ball bearing, hard plastic that was meant to be outside so the UV should not be
a problem and can be had inexpensively.  I never thought of spring loading them
so I would be interested (as would others, I am sure) of what you come up with.

As far as the latch, GM uses a spring loaded arm that engages the cross bars in
the tower. You must maintain pressure on the release line to lower the Hazer.
It is meant to lock on the horizontal member, but I always wondered what would
happen if it were to engage on the diagonal member. It seems to me it would
bind sideways and bend if not destroy the latching bar and/or the diagonal
member. Any observations by "real" Hazer owners?

Clint - W5CPT