Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical suggestions????

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical suggestions????
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:51:10 -0700
After many years of using trap dipoles and individual switched dipoles
I recently put up a set of three parallel-connected dipoles
(160/80/40) and was very pleasantly surprised how easily they were to
tune. I had always shied away from parallel dipoles because of stories
about serious interaction between them, etc, etc. Not so. It was a
piece of cake when using a MFJ-259 SWR analyzer.

The point is, I would suggest parallel verticals, 1/4 wl on each band.
Use one strong central pole for the lowest frequency and hang wires
from it for the higher bands and spread the wires out a few degrees.

I bet you will also be pleasantly surprised.

Bill W6WRT