[TowerTalk] matrial to make the boom and elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] matrial to make the boom and elements
From: "Ron" <ronnyd@cebridge.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:08:39 -0500
I see where some elements are conduit when is very cheap to build a antenna ,
but I also see alum. tubing being used to build and antennas. For the price can
I use conduit and save the money. for the money I can can I put it eslewhere
and will not lose much on the antenna eff.. I want a good antenna. but if I can
use conduit instead of alum. tubing.and get close to the same results. I would
want to use the cheaper elements. I may not get this antenna to work well
anyway. It is my second try at building and antennes and the first one worked
well and I used wood and 12 guage wire to build a cube for 10 meter. I talked
dx and local very well. I am looking to build a antenna with more gain. It will
be a yagi.
Any help you can give me I would be very thankful.
But remember I am on a tight buget.
Thanks Ron