Re: [TowerTalk] Can't guy at normal 120 degree spots????

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can't guy at normal 120 degree spots????
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:06:35 -0400 (EDT)
Joe,

>From your e-mail, its difficult to determine what kind of guying
constraint you're trying to solve.

Is your tower already installed, and it was improperly aligned with your
guy points?   Or are there obstructions that prevent you from using the same
120 degree guy points for each guy level?   Or is there some other
problem?

To answer your question, yes its possible to guy a tower at any three
120 degree angles, not just the normal set that is closely aligned with
the tower legs.  For example, guy wires for rotating towers are installed at
120 degree angles, but not aligned with the tower legs.

You or a custom steel fabricator  will need to design and build guy attachment
brackets that attach to the guys and properly distribute
their load to the three tower legs.

73!
Frank
W3LPL