Re: [TowerTalk] Our club's (W8UM) new tower and antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Our club's (W8UM) new tower and antennas
From: "Patrick Barkey" <n9rvee@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:59:30 -0600
Hey, you're not supposed to be able to afford KC1XX if you are
struggling college students!  Climbing towers is part of your education, no?

So is climbing all over the old EE building, climbing the old weather
tower (ask N4KG) and walking around that corner ledge 90 feet above
the parking lot 5 or 6 times a day every time you needed to go out
to the base of the north tower.  Somehow we survived that, but we
were immortal then.

Congrats on a nice looking install.

  - Pat
    N9RV (majored in ham radio contesting at W8UM)