Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 wiring long run

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 wiring long run
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:54:25 -0700
TLW  gives these loss figures for 250 feet (190' plus 60' up the tower)
of coax at 21 MHz (midpoint of James' tribander) with an SWR of 1.4:1.

RG-213   2.5 db
9913        1.4 db
LDF4-50A   0.7 db

I've seen LDF4-50A (1/2 inch Heliax) on eBay for around $1/ft less
shipping (and there's an outfit that regularly offers it for $1.25 with
free shipping).  Connectors can be expensive but patch cables with
reusable N-connectors are not expensive ... neither are N-to-UHF adapters.

In my opinion, $100/db is tough to achieve anywhere else in the system
(other than maybe for a used linear amp).

73,
Dave   AB7E