Re: [TowerTalk] Coax for crank up towers

To: "Brad L. Tracey" <BTracey60@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax for crank up towers
From: "James C. Hall, MD" <nwtcc@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:56:09 -0500
Hi Brad:

My crank up tower is 150 feet away from the shack and I use LMR-600 from
the single point ground to an antenna switch at the base of the tower. I
use Davis Bury-Flex for runs up the tower and in close to the radios.
This arrangement works great. I added a 6M yagi this past year and
simple plugged it in to the antenna switch. I used LMR-400UF because I
had it around; I would not hesitate to use Bury-Flex with this as well.

I may re-think plugging the 6M beam into the switch and just run LMR-400
straight back to the radio as a separate run of cable.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL