Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Rohn 45 Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Rohn 45 Question
From: "Blake M" <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:35:59 -0400
The bottom bolts on a Ham IV I had would work loose every few months when I
had no load on it (I bought into the thrustbearing-takes-the-weight thing
when I was new...).  After I placed the full load of antennas and mast on
it, this problem stopped.

Rotors have HUNDREDS of bearings in them.  Most thrust bearings I've seen
only have 10-20....  I'm no expert in physics, but where to put all the
weight seems like an easy decision to me.

73,
Blake N4GI