Re: [TowerTalk] site plan ??

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] site plan ??
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:35:46 -0500
Bill,

I'm sending this at the risk of being repetitive and redundant to what Jim has
already posted, earlier. :-)

Your county will want to see an approximate scaled drawing of "things" like
your house, your garage, any overhead utility lines, any buried gas, water,
electric, telephone, and sewer lines. If you're in the countryside, you would
include the location of your septic and drain field and the water well too. And
as Jim said, you want to show where the tower base and anchor points will be
located in relation to all these obstructions. The site plan is an overhead
view of your "site".

This drawing helps you and them determine whether all safety issues have been
reviewed. There may be setback requirements from some obstacles (buried
electric service). There may be safety issues if you (or a contractor) will be
digging with power equipment (severing gas, water, or sewer lines). In that
case, manual digging may be necessary for safety.

Regarding buried utilities, your state or county will have a toll-free
telephone number to call. A firm will come to your property and locate all
underground services. They will mark them, usually with colored flags and/or
painted stripes on the lawn. This service is free to the homeowner and helps
prevent accidental "engagement" with utility services.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN