Re: [TowerTalk] fold over towers

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] fold over towers
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:27:37 EDT
I'm not a big fan of foldovers, having lost two that folded over a lot
faster than they were supposed to (crashed).

You don't want to wrestle antennas through guy wires?  Don't!

I have used the lift it up the side of a tower without having to mess  moving
it around guy wires for years.  On a day when you have light wind  drop the
lower set of guys (at the anchor points).  Once it's past that set  of guys do
the same with the upper set.  Make sure all guys are fastened  before climbing
the tower to put the antenna(s) in their final resting spot with  the gin
pole or come a long.  I've used this method on Rohn 25, 45 and 55  to raise
antennas ranging from the small A-3 to the 4 element 40 meter KLM beams  all by
myself with no helpers.  Of course it's easier to do if you  have a second man
around.

You can also use the tram system, which requires more side room which you
may not have.

By the way, the first method is what I'm going to be using to raise my
antennas out in KH6 in a month or so...by myself.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS