Re: [TowerTalk] amerite towers

To: Reid <areidmaertz@sio.midco.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] amerite towers
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:27:13 -0500 (CDT)
Reid:

     I found some info on American Tower at
http://www.amertower.com/amerite_towers.html .  The way I read their product
descriptions, it sounds like a Rohn design, i.e., steel tubing braced with
Z-shaped rod, prefers to be guyed, but free-standing only with limited heights
and wind load atop the tower.  The PDF product brochure says to contact their
rep for detailed specs, which I recommend you do.

     If you want another self-supporting tower to consider, check out Trylon at
http://www.trylon.com/lightdutytowers/titanselfsupporttowers.asp .  I and
several others here on TT have installed these towers.  I've often said that I
would buy another if I needed one and could find the space for it.  I'm very
satisfied with the product.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F