Re: [TowerTalk] Restringing Cable on Crankup Tower

To: K6TFZ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Restringing Cable on Crankup Tower
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:52:46 -0700
K6TFZ@aol.com wrote:
> Go to a place which rigs sail boats (there should be
> some in the Midwest). They have the sleeves and swagers
> right there and can duplicate your lengths. Their cables
> might only be stainless which has a lower breaking strength
> so check. It may be easier to buy the cable separately
> somewhere else and bring it to them to swage.
> Geoff, K6TFZ

Or look in the yellow pages for a place that does rigging. In the Los
Angeles area, I use VER Sales, but there are places all around that do
this kind of thing.  google for something like "rigging wire rope <your
city>" and you'll likely find a place that does it.

If you're really, really confident of the dimensions, etc. , you could
probably mail order it from one of the big suppliers

Jim, W6RMK