Re: [TowerTalk] Carolina Windom, etc.

To: "'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Carolina Windom, etc.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 19:15:37 -0500
Nice try Jim. Let's get the facts straight though.

You were trying to tell us that the SWR on a transmission line would be
different at one end of the line verses the other end because of the
transformed impedance due to mismatch. Now you are telling us it will be
different because of a different reason.
If you look closely I addressed the line loss situation in my first post
about this.

Then Jim said:
> Well, yes, Gary, that's true.
>
> But suppose it's 1.2:1?  is that because it's 1.2:1 at the antenna, or
> because whatever wierd impedance is presented at the feedpoint is
> transformed to something close to r50 j0?

It seems Jim is still saying that the impedance mismatch transforms the swr
from one end to the other here. Also note that there is no mention of line
loss either.

Gary said:
>If it is 1.2:1 at the shack it is also 1.2:1 at the antenna. The impedance
>may be transformed but the swr will not be.

Please note that I did not think it necessary to repeat again that line loss
could change that as stated in my first post. We were only talking about
impedance transformation causing or not causing swr to be different from one
end of the line to the other.

Now Jim seems to realize he was wrong and goes off on line loss causing a
different swr reading so he can still try to say someone is WRONG! This kind
of thing gets old on here after awhile.

We all know how line loss affects swr readings Jim.

73
Gary  K4FMX