[TowerTalk] SPG=1 or More Rods?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SPG=1 or More Rods?
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:29:05 +0000
You mention a ground right at the tower and another grounded bulkhead
at the house entrance. That sounds like two grounds to me. Why do you
call one of them a Single Point Ground when there are clearly two?

Bill, good question.  In your example above the bulkhead ground at the house
entrance is considered the SPG.  SPG is misleading because it can be more than
one ground rod; what it refers to is the cable entrance location at the
shack/house entrance.  Personally I have three ground rods spaced about 3 feet
apart for my SPG.  The entire grouping is my SPG or where all my cables come
together and connect to arrestors prior to entering into my house.
--
Phil - KB9CRY
Lockport, IL