Re: [TowerTalk] 160m 1/4 wave vertical help needed

To: "AB5MM" <ab5mm@9plus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160m 1/4 wave vertical help needed
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:22:18 -0400
What are you using for test equipment?  If I remember correctly W8JI has
stated that the MFJ 269B is innacurate on 160; check his web page just in
case.

If you have an accurate GDO available couple it to the antenna with a 1 turn
loop. Experiment with the number of radials but 2 should be sufficient for
the test.. The GDO will tell you where the antenna is actually resonant
without any reactance to confuse the issue. By knowing where it is resonant
then you know which direction to go with the matching network.

Im ordering parts for the K2PD VNA as Im tired of lugging a 50 # HP 8753B
and extention cord around. But a VNA is the best method to use.

Carl
KM1H