Re: [TowerTalk] Salt contamination

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Salt contamination
From: N6FD <n6fd@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:50:13 -0700
Basically all the salt that is going to be on the earth is here either
as NaCl or its constituent parts.  Geology and meteorology  distributes
it around.  Places with a lot of rainfall don't have much, places with
little rainfall have a lot.  Local plants and animals have gotten used
to the local amount of salt.  They tend to do badly when salt levels are
higher.  I live on what used to be the bottom of a lake 10,000 or so
years ago.  The local plants do well with fairly high salt levels.  We
also don't have an acid rain problem, but sometimes have alkali rain
problems...

73, Erich
N6FD