To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 58, Issue 4
From: RTTYMAN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:41:27 EDT
Bee's Wax.

Bee's Wax is readily at ship chandleries ... or "marine supply stores" that
somewhat cater to sailboat type of people.

Bee's Wax is used to coat the twine used in sail repair ... if such  repair
must be done by hand.

It is also used ... in olden days anyway ... to coat the twine before used
on line (rope) to keep it from unraveling. The procedure is called "whipping an
 end".

Try "Downwind Marine" in San Diego ... or any boat shop that caters to
cruisers and/or sailboat people.

Johnson & Jefferson in San Francisco surely has it as I bought it  there,
among other supplies, years ago.

Note:

I have no affiliation with Downwind Marine ... however I do personally know
the owner and some of their employees ... past & present.

No affiliation with Johnson & Jefferson either.

73 & GL

Les, NN6K