Re: [TowerTalk] Wooden poles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wooden poles
From: kh6nd@lava.net
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:55:09 -1000
Actually, the article on the W5HVV quad appeared in February, 1967 QST
Magazine, and won the cover plaque award for best article of the month.

Rod became my elmer when he moved in across the street from me when I
was 12 years old, and I was fortunate enough to be involved in the
building of the antenna that is the subject of this article. He taught
me a great deal at a very early age, and is still sorely missed by those
of us that were fortunate enough to have know him.

By coincidence, Rod is another guy that has stood on top of a wooden
power pole, but this one was a 90 footer, and was planted in Thailand
where he spent some time during the Vietnam war.

Aloha -
Mike
KH6ND