[TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Skyhawk, KT36XA, opinions requested

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Skyhawk, KT36XA, opinions requested
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:22:34 -0700 (PDT)
I have used a KT34XA for nearly 20 years... It is currently at 120 feet... At
no time did I feel handicapped...
  Ward and Steve did good with their book...  I won't get into the  hoo haa
over what antenna is the best...  The best would probably be something like a
triple stack of long boom single banders on a 200 foot tower...
  When I put it up I used a moly based antiseize for bolts, from the autoparts
store, on the joints...
  About 7 years ago I rebuilt it with kit containing the new caps, etc... It
came apart easily, showed no corrosion between mating pieces... It went back
together with the same antiseize as the lubricant...  Should be good for
years...

denny / k8do