[TowerTalk] 45G Top Plate

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G Top Plate
From: Robert Hess <w1rh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
I have my 45G in the air but no beam installed yet.
BPL45G top plate.  Two questions regarding the beam
install:

1 - I am installing guy wires off of the top plate.
The HF beam (tribander) will be about a foot above the
top plate.  Anyone installing insulators on top guys
right below the HF antenna?  If so, what kind of
spacing are you using between insulators?

2 - There is a set of guys 12 feet below the top of
the tower.  The top section appears to be solid with
little or no movement when on it.  Need comments on
whether or not I can get away with installing the HF
beam first, followed by the top set of guys.  Just
think it would make the beam installation a bit easier
but I don't want to stress the top section.

Bob
W1RH

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/