Re: [TowerTalk] Fold/Tilt over towers

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fold/Tilt over towers
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 05:23:31 -0700 (PDT)
The tilt-over method described was originally designed
by Gerry, W3GM (SK). He had 7 towers at his M/M
contest station done this way. I believe that this is
known as the "falling derrick" method in the
engineering world. I have used this method with my
tower (60ft R25) and others have also done so, as
K3ANS did. It works great if you have the area to lay
the tower down. Four of W3GM's towers were 100 ft and
we had them up and down MANY times.

73, Stew K3ND

and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7