[TowerTalk] ATTN: Equipment Manufacturers who lurk here...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] ATTN: Equipment Manufacturers who lurk here...
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 05:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
While I am not at all defending bad manuals, I think you are over reacting a
bit...

  The keying line INPUT is likely a simple 'ground it to transmit' input...
Power it up and ground that connector and listen for the relay or the receive
audio change... No voltage is involved...

  The aux contacts are likely an isolated SPST relay that goes to ground when
closed... A quick probe with your VOM will show that...

  This unit is unlikely to switch reliably at 30 wpm for QSK... Set your delay
so it doesn't drop out between characters at your normal keying speed...

  The missing MUTE  is unfortunate if it is indeed missing...

  Put 12v to the unit and use your VOM to find the current draw...

  cheers

denny / k8do
http://mail.yahoo.com