Re: [TowerTalk] [YCCC] interaction from low-band wires

To: wc1m@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [YCCC] interaction from low-band wires
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <w1nr@w1nr.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:52:14 -0400
I have never had interaction problems with inv-V's at the top of my 110'
tower.  However, I would go with an 80m V and shunt feed the tower for
160 which is what I have been using for years.  Had a 160 V that didn't
work worth squat vs. the shunt feed.  Of course, I have a Heathkit
remote antenna tuner on the 80m V to cover the whole band.  You might
want to break the ends and use a jumper to change the length for CW and
SSB.  An 80V at 110' performs really well.

Mike, W1NR