[TowerTalk] Hard Line Question

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hard Line Question
From: Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:10:30 -0500
A friend of mine just gave me a bunch (guessing 200' - 400') of hardline
in about 6-8 pieces. Some pieces with connectors some without. So I plan
to use this on two VHF antennas, and on a separate UHF antenna.

So questions:

1. How do you put connectors on this stuff?

2. If it looks good, no cracks and the outside looks good, is it
probably good? It has been sitting in a coil, outside, under and against
a tree for a few years.

3. On the pieces that have no end, if I cut off 1' - 2' I should be able
to use it because I doubt if any water can penetrate that far up.
Correct?

4. My MFJ-259A should tell me if it is not good, as it has a coax loss
measurement. Correct? What is the best way to test it?

5. Should I use UHF or N connectors? The pieces that have connectors
have UHF.

Kip

--
Kipton Moravec KE5NGX
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."