Re: [TowerTalk] Unique Short Radial Challenge

To: Eric Hilding <b38@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Unique Short Radial Challenge
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:29:43 -0700
Rick, maybe the experts will correct me, but I don't think symmetry is
particularly important for a radial system. You should get better
performance in whichever direction you have more and longer radials, but
I don't think having fewer and shorter radials in the opposite direction
should be a big negative (except in that direction). I've tried to model
that same situation (sans salt water) several times with EZNEC (yeah, I
know it isn't accurate for low wires) and shortening the radials on one
side never seemed to have much effect on the other.

I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't run radials into the salt
water. Again, maybe somebody with more knowledge than I will know of one.

73,
Dave AB7E