Re: [TowerTalk] High voltage transmission lines

To: "Chet Moore" <ChetMoore@cox.net>,"Steve" <steve65@suddenlink.net>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High voltage transmission lines
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:23:40 -0400
Steve,

   Very seriously consider living elsewhere. You will
ALWAYS be fighting some sort of QRN from the lines.  Your
main interest in amateur radio will switch from whatever it
is now to interference reduction.  That is what you will
do.  Just when you think you have it licked, something will
change - the wind will loosen a wire, it will rain, it will
not rain,  - something.  Besides, do you REALLY want to
live in the shadow of a HV line ?

Good Luck,

  73
Gene K1NR