Re: [TowerTalk] THHN wire problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] THHN wire problem
From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:28:46 -0400
I used solid THN in NJ for various wire antennas which were up for years
with no sign of deterioration.  Then I moved to the Atlanta area and put up
a DZepp for 40m about two years ago.  There has been deterioration in that
antenna.  Strands of what I thought were insulation were hanging down form
it, but did not seem to affect it.

Recently I had it down and found that it was not actually insulation which
was hanging down.  It was some sort of clear coating which had been applied
over the colored insulation.  There was no sign of cracks or breaks in the
colored insulation, but maybe that will follow soon.

73
Bob W2WG