[TowerTalk] self supporting tower info needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] self supporting tower info needed
From: Commtekman@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:43:26 EDT
Hello-
I am new to the  list and would appreciate comment on an unassembled
self-supporting tower that I  have. It came from Norton AFB and I believe it
belonged
to Western Union. It is  80' high, three legged triangular with about 13'
between legs. It consists of  nine 25' sections with a single 5' section on
top.
Made of very heavy gauge  galvanized pipe with all pieces marked. I have a
diagram that shows some detail  but would like to know if anyone has seen a
tower
like this or presently has a  photo of a tower like this, or presently has any
info on one.
It appears to  be only missing the ladder sections. The 5' stub at the top
was apparently used  for microwave dishes and also has a flat surface for
mounting large VHF/UHF  antennas. I would like to know how the ladder attached
and
it would be helpful  to see a photo for reassembly.

Tnx for your help & time,
73 Bob  K6OSM