Re: [TowerTalk] Tower accident,

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower accident,
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:56:06 EDT
I subscribe to towerpro on yahoo groups.  There is seldom a week or  two that
goes by that a professional tower climber doesn't get killed in a  tower
accident.  These guys are trained and certified and they still
die....sometimes
because of equipment failure, but sometimes through  carelessness.

If these pros are not invincible, neither are we hams.  It's been  eighteen
months since I went up a tower and in a few weeks I will be spending  lots of
time up there.  The New Mexico ham's death is a wakeup call for  me.  I
definitely will be tied to the tower at all times.  Stay  safe!

Bill K4XS/KH7XS